Monday, February 25, 2008

The Golden Rabbit and the Golden Horse (and how pre-established ideas lead to the wrong choice in a grave matter relating the two)

Vishnu hallucinated last night. I dont know what about, but he hallucinated last night, and he also had high fever. But my story is not about his hallucinations, for I did not experience them. Today I left the lab, for I had a headache. Came back, went to sleep, and had hallucinations of my own. Well, technically they werent hallucinations, as I was asleep, they were just a nightmare, but thats besides the point. Point is, I have figured It out.

Now allow me to throw yet another irrelevant detail at my dear reader, the fact that I almost never remember my dreams, even when I really really want to. So it is a rare enough occurence that I remember this one. Who knows, maybe all my dreams are this bizarre.

But I doubt that all of them are this relevant. I remember one dream sequence . Let me relate it to you, and then I'll leave you to judge its relevance.

It was quite weird. In that my Dad was a wizard, and my mom a queen. How it is that my dad wasnt a king, I have absolutely no idea. But this is how it was. There came a time when they realized that the sustenance of justice in this world required them to have a magic rabbit, and a magic horse. So they sent a friend with me on a quest. A quest for the magic rabbit and the magic horse. Our quest seemed to take a lifetime. We seemed to cover geographical distances on foot that would take a man years to cross. We went over deserts, over forests, over brook and mountain, we went to castles and rundown huts. You get the idea. Now throughout the quest, I insisted on being the man with the Horse, and I repeatedly stressed the importance of my being the bearer of the Horse, and even before we found either animal, I had almost ensured that the rabbit would be entrusted to the care of my friend, and I, the powerful Son, would take back the prize horse. My friend, being a farmer's son, relented without much ado, and so it was decided who would have which animal when he returned.

So it was to my dismay, when after many a mile, we found the Horse before the rabbit.I expected my quest to be more circuitous than my friend's . It was golden , and it could talk.its mane wasnt even matter. It was a flame. Then, the horse spoke, in a deep drawling voice, oozing with wisdom, and he said, " O son of the queen and the wizard, I am afraid you have decided to have me." For I shall bear back the weak of heart , whereas the stronger of the two of you will go on in the quest. In fact, I wasnt even part of the quest, and if you hadnt hastened to deciding who would bear back which animal, I was to aid your quest. However, that is not a possibility now. Alas for you, O son of queen and wizard, for it has been foretold that this quest will end in glory. That is why your parents sent you on it, for you to win fame and glory.

But now, now you will be borne back as the weak of heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger liszt85 said...

congrats on your first dream that you remembered.. I probably did not exactly hallucinate as I was half conscious, half sub conscious.. I even woke up in between, asked Naresh to get me some water.. and went right back to what I was seeing!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Meesum said...

no comments

7:34 AM  
Blogger Maverick said...

I was never asked, requested, commanded or expected to comment, but what the heck.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home