Sunday, December 24, 2006

An apology

Well, it just so happened that I was a bit ..too open in the last few posts I posted on this blog, Which isnt necessarily a bad thing, as I was given to understand, if one is writing in his diary.
But as it turned out, I wrote it on a publicly accessible domain, and one of the posts happened to have my name on it,so if you happen to google my name right now (as one of my esteemed friends did, but unfortunately he/she chose to remain anonymous when he/she brought it to my notice) the first link is the one to my blog, which I might add, is good enough to cause a miniature heartattack to decent folk, specially the last few posts.Humor, as some wise man must have said, comes in flavours, and I briefly forgot that though my posts are meant to be humorous, they might be viewed as offensive.
Ergo, my deepest regrets. If I have, by virtue of being too lewd , hurt any sentiments/feelings, my deepest apologies. Though I must add, that I personally dont see much harm in writing freely, though writing under your own name isnt always a good idea in a civilized society. Nevertheless, my sincerest apologies to anybody to whom its due.
Last but not the least, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

8 Comments:

Blogger Saby said...

never mind buddy..thats why we love u (for writing freely, not for being lewd)

12:08 AM  
Blogger '~-)Sandman(-~' said...

where on earth are your previous posts ???
:-o
btw...thanx...[:p]

9:39 AM  
Blogger Saby said...

huh, which previous posts? :O where?

10:54 PM  
Blogger '~-)Sandman(-~' said...

the ones about cygwin x and how you got a lady to call you chachi, [:p]

8:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

I was the author of the previous (anonymous) comment.

And it is not about hurting my "sentiments" or for that matter, offending my sensibilities.

I've lived with colleagues more politically incorrect and iconoclastic than anything you've written and I generally tilt towards supporting their freedom of expression. Irrespective of my opinions, I rarely arrogate to myself the right to censor others.

But, this is something entirely different - just think for a moment, you have not a very common name and for years to come these pages are going to show up within say the first three pages of Google results for your name.

I wonder whether you understand this - blogs are not your scrapbooks, they're more public than newsgroups and this is especially true of public blogs in blogspot/wordpress.

Not many people realize the power of blogsphere - it is a very active forum with more dense network of links than the standard web pages. This in turn means that blogs rapidly climb in the hierarchy of Google search results.

You're scarcely at the beginning of your career - believe me, this is not what you want to show to those who seek more information about you (which includes profs. to under whom you might wish to work or others with whom you've to establish and sustain a professional relationship).

And I repeat, I don't want you to stop writing what you want to write. I just want you to be a bit more discreet - at least remove your name from the blog and use a pseudonym throughout.

Take this as a suggestion from somebody who has seen this, this and this (The last one is really not so serious, but to understand it you should read the whole comment section).

If this still doesn't convince you, and if you still think all this is prudish prattle, then so be it...

1:56 PM  
Blogger '~-)Sandman(-~' said...

hmm.

i knew it was you tom. Thanx a ton though for pointing that out...I removed my name from the Blog (though its still in the profile) but since I maintain four blogs so it shouldnt be a problem.

My name appearing on my blog was inadvertent, and in fact I would want to take every effort possible to dissociate my real world identity from my cyber identity...

After all, the views expressed by the cyber me are not necessarily "my" views
:p

hehehe
anyway
thanx again

2:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...


"i knew it was you tom."


Am becoming a bit too predictable nowadays . Ain't I ? :D

3:38 PM  
Blogger '~-)Sandman(-~' said...

:D

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home